Friday, October 11, 2013

my rock


I get my best work done following the light of the moon. Maybe it's just an old habit or maybe there is some ancient wisdom at work that guides me to:  'Plant' with the waxing crescent, nurture until the full moon, rejoice with the full moon ('dance by the light of the moon'), relax and take inventory as the moon begins to wane, and (this is important)dump/throw out/ get rid of stuff (energy, negative thoughts, things I no longer want or need, trash, etc.) from the waning crescent until the new moon, finally - to rest with the new moon. 


This schedule became clear to me after I stopped having a period.  I guess without a monthly cycle to guide me, I was left to my own devises and at some point a couple of years back I realized I still lived 'by the moon.'

If I'm ever uptight or worried I try to calm myself by going out to check the moon. There's just something about taking a few minutes to acknowledge this heavenly body that calms me and helps me focus. I don't worship the moon. I enjoy it. I love the mystery and wonder attached to it. It is my rock.

Are you a 'moonie?'

~Sam

)O(


4 comments:

  1. I am definitely a moonie. It was not until we started sailing and paying attention to the tides, neaps and springs, that I truly realised the force it had on our world. I live in an area, the Bristol Channel, with the second highest tide in the world. I can feel its pull on my body. Every month at the moment of the full moon I pay homage, whether I can see it or not. I love the moon, she's a lovely lady :-)
    You're brilliant Sam!
    Di
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm a moonie. I love to look at the moon. I think it is my aunt's fault- when I was a baby she carried me outside to see the moon so much I called it 'Shirley's Moon'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am a moonie, just like you! I always have my eye on Her throughout all the phases, and am always disappointed when it is too cloudy. An amazing celestial body, with so much power.

    ReplyDelete