Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Margot, thanks for everything

I have just learned of the passing of Margot Adler (I got the news here: The Witching Hour, Patheos).  My heart is heavy. I had always hoped to meet her and tell her "Thank you, you changed my life."  I read her book Drawing Down the Moon in 2012 and I haven't been the same since. I had spent the previous decade resisting change, then I read her book and it was as if a magic door had been opened.



Just read that last line, no pun was intended but magic is the only word I know to use.  The only other thing that comes to mind is the line from the Wizard of Oz. "You've had the power all along my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself." 

So, dear Margot, wherever you are, thank you.

~Sam

)O(

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hadn't heard! Her book was very important in my own spiritual journey as well. Sad news indeed. May the Goddess welcome her home.

    ReplyDelete