Saturday, July 13, 2013

what is going on?

I sit here watching state houses around the U.S. 'saving babies.'  I am appalled that these people are elected officials - these law makers believe that if they shut down clinics where abortions can be legally performed that they are stopping abortions and saving babies.  How can any adult be so blind?  Most women (and girls) who choose to end their pregnancy will do so with or with out the 'permission' of the government. 

In my view these law makers (so many of them men!) are trying to make women stop having sex because they believe it is naughty.  Good girls should not enjoy sex outside of marriage and even then perhaps it would be better if they just didn't enjoy. 

All I see are people trying to prove how good they are by shutting down women's clinics, especially those with the name Planned Parenthood.  They have decided that Planned Parenthood is in league with the devil and anyone who makes money providing 'those services' is just evil and must be publicly shamed and gotten rid of - as soon as possible. 

Did it ever cross their minds that we know the number of abortions performed in this country because these facilities are regulated and required to keep statistics?  No one knows how many abortions were performed before Roe v. Wade because it was illegal. 

Watching the folks in Texas is heart breaking.  It looks like half the state will be without clinics if this bill passes.  How is this compassion for the poor?  How is this good for women?  During the last week or so, I read where sex education is very lacking in the state.  If these Texans really want to end abortions why are they not teaching birth control? 

I think this is being done to appease their god.  Forget that they tell stories of this god which include drowning all the world's population (except 8 who survived on a big boat with 2 of all the world's animals), a god who took his people out of slavery and then started teaching them how to treat their own slaves (the part about selling one's own daughter into slavery is a bit disconcerting), there's lots more I just don't want to read a bible tonight...

I do want to make the world a better place for the generations to come. 

Wake up People!  Register to vote.  Stay informed.  When the time comes VOTE.

Pro Choice is Pro Life

Thanks for letting me rant.  We should all be ranting - these laws affect women and men.  We must never take freedoms for granted.  Our grandmothers and mothers thought this was settled in 1973, why on earth are we still fighting this battle? 

~Sam

)O(

4 comments:

  1. I agree, closing the clinics will not solve any problems; it will create more. I don't think I could ever end a pregnancy, but I surely do not want to live in a country where the government tells me how many children I can have and when I can have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These elected officials are no doubt the same morons who keep criticising the Taliban for their dogmatic approach towards women in the Moslem world! Eh, hello! Pot calling kettle! Sorry for that analogy but it seems American officialdom is very much "don't do what we do, do what we tell you"! The UK has very much the same "nanny" approach but would not dare try this one! Keep smiling honey, it's a fait accompli!
    Di
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" --that's true for women's rights too. We can never assume that our rights are secure, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sam,
    I agree!! I've been watching and reading and am amazed at all the attacks on women and women's issues. I'm writing down names.

    ReplyDelete